Sangria is the drink of the summer…but now it’s the drink of the fall too!
Check out the delicious recipe below.
AUTUMN APPLE SANGRIA
– 5 cinnamon sticks
– 4 apples, chopped (4 medium or 5 small)
– 2 oranges, sliced into thin rounds
– 2 bottles Red Blend wine of choice
– 3-1/2 cups apple cider
– 1 cup brandy
– 1/2 cup orange juice
– 1/4 cup superfine sugar
– juice from 1 lemon
– 2 cups club soda or ginger ale
– cinnamon-sugar, for rimming glasses
– tall cinnamon sticks for garnish
In a large pitcher or bowl, combine the wine, apple cider, brandy, orange juice, lemon juice and sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Mix in the chopped apples, orange slices, and cinnamon sticks.
Refrigerate for 4-6 hours, or up to overnight. Add club soda (or ginger ale) just before serving.
For added flair, rim glasses with cinnamon sugar and garnish with a tall cinnamon stick.